Okay there has been some time elapsed since my last post about moving to this lovely city called Wellington. Let me be the first to blame it on coffee. A surprisingly good substance that when used fluently, doesn’t work at all.
I am convinced New Zealand is the coffee capital of the WORLD! Best drip/pour/filter/whatever you want to call this magic. Period. I have been experimenting with different types of coffee because I hate ordering the same thing due to lack of knowledge, but also hate ordering something outside the box only to find it disappointing.
The process of becoming a coffee connoisseur:
- mocha-chino please – you are new at this whole coffee thing and want something sweet because sugar is all you know *caramel is my preference
- cappuccino, thanks – you are getting the feel of the game and want to ween yourself off the chocolate by moving forward to the bitter taste – but they still add that cocoa sprinkle so you’re safe
- cappuccino, with cinnamon – You are feeling adventurous and want to veer away from that standard cocoa sprinkle…the cinnamon has a nice flavour while evolving to that bitter taste adults are trained to love.
- flat white – a simple choice that says you appreciate good coffee, but your head is not too far up your bum
- piccolo – you can tell the difference between skim and burnt milk, and you want people to know you are important….in this case, size does not equal power.
Did you enjoy that as much as I did? Don’t worry people, I am still on the cappuccino with cinnamon…it was practically yesterday that I stopped calling it a CUP-o-chino so don’t stress too much.
So my life update:
- who – I met a kiwi guy about 6 months ago and am surprisingly in a relationship and living with him – even flew to Australia with him to meet his mum
- what – am I doing with my life? I work in a small office that oversees travel agencies, while staying involved in hobbies such as drinking coffee, coaching American Cheerleading into a commonwealth country, acting in short films and putting a stop to my musical/band career (YOU’RE WELCOME).
- when – yes, it has been over a year. Funny, I did not expect to stay this long, but I image I will blow onto another continent soon…
- where – Wellington, New Zealand in this sweet loft central city
- WHY? – I still ask myself. Suppose I am happy but my patience runs thin